12. ANECDOTE (Anekdot)
1) Purpose (Tujuan )
To share with others an account of unusual or amusing incident.
( Memberikan/menghibur orang lain sebuah cerita tentang kejadian yang menyenangkan atau tidak biasa).
2) Generic Structure (Struktur Umum)
- Abstract (Isyarat untuk menyampaikan cerita)
- Orientation (Pengenalan), yaitu memberikan informasi tentang siapa, di mana dan kapan;
- Crisis (Krisis, yaitu menceritakan panjang lebar tentang kejadian yang tidak lazim)
- Reaction (Tindakan)
- Coda (Komentar akhir terhadap kejadian itu)
3) Linguistic Features (Ciri-ciri Kebahasaan)
- Rhetorical questions (pertanyaan retorik): yaitu pertanyaan yang tak perlu dijawab seperti: Can you believe it?, Scary, isn’t it?, You know what?
- Exclamations ( kata-kata seru) seperti: Guess what happened!, I couldn’t believe it!, It was really amazing!, It was really mad!
- Intensifiers ( kata-kata penguat), seperti: very, really, extremely
- Action verbs (kata kerja tindakan), misalnya go, write, dsb.
- Conjunctions of time, seperti then, afterwards, dsb.
Mr. Bajuri’s Bad Luck
|Abstract||Do you always come late?|
|Orientation||Mr. Bajuri is very loyal and disciplined teacher . His students and fellow teachers call him Mr. Punctual. Though it takes two hours to reach his school, he always comes on time. He also gets into the class as soon as the bell rings. Mr. Bajuri usually gets up at 04:00 every morning. He is ready to wait for the bus that takes him to school at 06:00 a.m.|
|Crisis||Unfortunately, one Tuesday morning, the bus did not appear. He was very worried. He wanted to contact his school, but there was no public phone around. He never has enough money to buy a mobile phone.At school, Mr. Budiarjo who was a new headmaster found Mr. Bajuri coming late. “Excuse me Sir. Do you always come late?” asked Mr. Budiarjo. “No, sir. Never,” replied Mr. Bajuri calmly. “It’s all right this time. Could you get earlier tomorrow?” asked Mr. Budiarjo. “Yes, Sir. I will,” Mr. Bajuri promised.|
|Reaction||Mr. Bajuri was sorry for that event. He did not know if the bus driver could not get up earlier or the bus did not appear again.“Sorry, Sir. I promise to get up early and not to come late.|
|Coda||But what about the bus driver? Could he get up early?” asked Mr. Bajuri.|