2. SPOOF (Laporan kejadian atau cerita lucu)
1) Purpose (Tujuan )
To tell a past event ending in a twist.
(Menceritakan peristiwa lampau yang berakhir dengan sesuatu yang lucu/tidak terduga (twist).
2) Generic Structure (Struktur Umum)
- Orientation (Pengenalan), yaitu memberikan informasi tentang siapa, di mana dan kapan;
- A series of Events (Serangkaian kejadian/peristiwa)
- Twist (Akhir yang tidak terduga atau lucu)
3) Linguistic Features (Ciri-ciri Kebahasaan)
- Nouns dan pronouns(kata ganti orang), misalnya David, the monkey, we, dsb.
- Action verbs (kata kerja tindakan), misalnya: go, sleep, run, dsb.
- Simple past tense, misalnya: We went to the zoo; She was happy, dsb.
- Conjunctions of timeyang mengurutkan peristiwa, kejadian atau kegiatan, misalnya: and, but, then, after that, dsb.
- Adverb of time (keterangan waktu), adverb of place (keterangan tempat), dan adverb of manner(keterangan cara), misalnya yesterday, at my house, slowly, dsb.
- Adjectives untuk menerangkan nouns, misalnya beautiful, funny, dsb.
We Don’t Subscribe Any News Papers
|Orientation||Jack was a university student. He studied history.|
|Event 1||At the end of his first year, he failed in his examinations and he was told to leave the university|
|Event 2||The next day Jack’s father went to see the professor. He urged the professor to let Jack continue his studies the following year. “He’s a good boy,” said Jack’s father, “and if you let him pass this time, I’m sure he’ll improve a lot next year and pass the examination at the end of the year well”.|
|Event 3||“No, No! Tlut’s quite impossible!,” replied the professor, “Do you know, last month I asked him when Napoleon died, and he could not answer it”.|
|Twist||“Please, Sir, give him another chance,” said Jack’s father, “You see, we don’t subscribe any newspapers in our house, so none of us even knew that Napoleon was ill”.|