6. NARRATIVE (Naratif)
1) Purpose (Tujuan )
To entertain readers or teach a moral.
(Menghibur pembaca atau mengajarkan moral).
Teks naratif bertalian dengan pengalaman nyata atau khayal yang mengarah ke suatu krisis, yang pada akhirnya menemukan suatu penyelesaian.
2) Generic Structure (Struktur Umum)
- Orientation (Pengenalan setting), yaitu memberikan informasi tentang siapa, di mana dan kapan.
- Complication ( Konflik)
- Resolution (Pemecahan konflik)
3) Linguistic Features (Ciri-ciri Kebahasaan)
- Nouns tertentu seperti orang, hewan dan benda tertentu dalam cerita, misalnya, stepsisters, housework, dsb.
- Adjectives yang membentuk noun phrase, misalnya, long black hair, two red apples, dsb.
- Conjunctions of time untuk mengurutkan kejadian-kejadian, misalnya then, before that, soon, dsb.
- Adverbs (kata keterangan: waktu, tempat, atau cara), misalnya: long time ago, here, in the mountain, happily ever after, dsb.
- Action verbs dalam past tense: stayed, climbed, dsb.
- Saying verbs (kata kerja prkataan) seperti: said, told, thinking verbs (kata kerja pikiran / persepsi) misalnya thought, dan feeling verbs (kata kerja perasaan), misalnya understood, felt, dsb.
|Orientation||Once upon a time there lived a little girl named Snow White. She lived with her Aunt and Uncle because her parents were dead.|
|Complication 1||One day she heard her Uncle and Aunt talking about leaving Snow White in the castle because they both wanted to go to America and they didn’t have enough money to take Snow White.|
|Resolution 1||Snow White did not want her Uncle and Aunt to do this so she decided it would be best if she ran away. The next morning she ran away from home when her Aunt and Uncle were having breakfast. She ran away into the woods.|
|Complication 2||Then she saw this tittle cottage. She knocked but no one answered so she went inside and fell asleep.|
|Resolution 2||Meanwhile, the seven dwarfs were coming home from work. They went inside. There they found Snow White sleeping. Then Snow White woke up. She saw the dwarfs. The dwarfs said, “what is your name?” Snow White said, “My name is Snow White.” Doc, one of the dwarfs, said, “If you wish, you may live here with us.” Snow White said, “Oh could I? Thank you.” Then Snow White told the dwarfs the whole story and Snow White and the 7 dwarfs lived happily ever after.|